It’s on again. Each year we run a competition to pick the first day of the season. The rules are simple
- The first day the lifts open for skiers and boarders at any one of the resorts in Hakuba.
- One date per person. If 2 or more people choose the same date then we will have a draw out of a hat to choose the winner.
- The date must be chosen at least one week in advance
- If a date isn’t chosen then it’s the closest date before.
The prizes are
- A Hakuba White Horse cap and a beanie
- 5000 yen voucher at the White Horse Bar and Restaurant in Echoland.
- Consolation of a free drink if you pick the date but miss the main prize.
So go to the bottom of this blog and put your date in the comments section or message me HERE and I will add it. Good luck. Remember that the resorts will open as soon as there is enough snow on the ground so it’s pretty much any time now. Just patiently waiting for THAT storm.
The prize is transferable and as it might be difficult to get here again this year we can also honour it during the 2022/23 season.
The list so far.
TJ – 26th November
Pat – 27th November
Brian Glynn – 1st December
Justin Keyes – 2nd December
John Vaughan – 4th December
Dave Turner – 5th December
Dirk – 6th December
Stefan – 7th December
Aly & Zac – 10th December
Nick – 11th December
Adam Roberts – 13th December
Dec 10, and hoping we can make to Japan in 2022!
December 11 – bring on the bubble!
December 6 🤙
Sorry Nick. The rules are at least one week in advance otherwise we’ll get inundated with votes the day before opening. Would you like to choose another date?